Saving for Retirement

More in Saving for Retirement

What to Do With Money in a 403(B) Retirement Plan When Leaving a Job

403(b) plan, also called a tax-sheltered annuity, is a tax-advantaged retirement plan for tax-exempt organizations, ministers and public school employees. If you leave your job, you typically have a few options with what to do with your 403(b) money. You may have to check with ...

Are Green Card Holders Living Abroad Eligible for Social Security Benefits?

een cards give citizens of other countries the right to work and live in the U.S. These permanent residents like U.S. citizens, have FICA -- Federal Insurance Contributions Act -- payments for Social Security withheld from their paychecks. FICA taxes and wages build eligibility ...

When You Roll Over an IRA or Annuity Do You Pay Taxes?

individual retirement account and an annuity are both used in retirement planning, but they are different instruments. An IRA is a sort of savings account, usually established with a bank or other financial institution. An annuity is a contract with a life insurance company ...

How Does Civil Service Retirement Affect Social Security Benefits?

cial security is a pay-as-you-go system that requires contributions during your working years in order to collect benefits at retirement. Although federal civil service employees pay into a retirement system, the “system” is not always covered under Social Security ...

Is There a Cap on Two-Earner Social Security Retirement Benefits?

you've worked and paid into the Social Security system, then you're entitled to retirement benefits, either at age 62 (for early retirement) or later. The amount of your monthly Social Security benefit depends on your lifetime work record and the amount you've earned over all ...

How to Save for Retirement in My 20s vs. My 30s

you start saving for retirement at a young age, you will have decades to set aside money and let it accrue interest. Ideally you should start saving in your 20s, and then alter your saving strategy with each decade. Create a sound retirement savings strategy for your 20s and ...

How Much Should You Have in Savings?

ile you can take pride in earning enough to pay your bills, financial experts say you should aim higher. You need to set aside two types of savings: retirement money and a rainy-day fund. Your retirement fund contains money you never touch until retirement. Your rainy-day fund ...

Why People Don't Save Enough for Retirement

ly 28 percent of Americans meet their monthly retirement savings goals, according to Bankrate.com. Faced with the demands of everyday life, along with setbacks like unemployment, the remaining 72 percent fail to save enough each month to live out their retirement dreams. ...

How to Find the Right Mix of Assets for Retirement Savings

ether you've worked for the same company for 40 years or have your whole career in front of you, retirement is somewhere on your horizon. Setting aside money for your golden years is only half the equation. How you save and invest that money is the other half. Getting the right ...

Zacks Investment Research

is an A+ Rated BBB

Accredited Business.